Derechos Humanos Integrales en Acción DHIA-MX
Derechos Humanos Integrales en Acción, DHIA-México is one of the most important NGOs in Ciudad Juárez. It emerged under the impulse of a group of feminists and human rights defenders, and was legally constituted in May 2013. Its main focus is related to the observation and promotion of human rights in vulnerable people such as migrants and LGBTTTIQ Population. According to its website:
“In the area of migrants it has a solid work in the defense of the human rights of adult persons in conditions of transit, detention and repatriation, as well as children and adolescents (NNA) border migrants, in transit and applicants for refugee status.”
According to InfoDigna, DHIA offers the following services:
- We document abuses during the apprehension-detention-expulsion process.
- We file administrative complaints before the internal control bodies of the immigration authorities in the United States.
- We manage procedures for the recovery of belongings.
- We carry out requests for immigration records, records and punishment.
- We assist in locating detained persons.
- We work in liaison with the Mexican Consular Network and family members of deceased persons in their immigration crossing to the United States.
It is important to highlight that DHIA also focuses on physical and mental health services to address problems faced by migrants in case they need them. It also offers educational, social and legal strategies.